Transfer orders enable you to transfer your stock between your facilities.
The prices in a Transfer Order are picked from default cost price (purchasing module). If the SKU has no price in default cost price list, then the Transfer Order will have no price for the SKUs.
Creating a Transfer Order
- Navigate to Main Menu >> Inventory >> Transfers >> New Transfer Order.
- Select the source and destination facilities.
- Select the SKUs and their respective quantities.
- Start Transfer and a Transfer Order will be created.
Processing a Transfer Order
Allocating inventory and shipping a Transfer Order is exactly the same way you would do it for a sale order. With a Fulfillment and a Shipment. You can also split Fulfill your orders.
- Navigate to Main Menu >> Inventory >> Transfers >> Select transfer Order.
- Click on Start Transfer to initiate the transfer.
- Fulfillment will be created for the transfer order and inventory will be allocated.
- Create a picklist and pick items.
- After picking pack the items.
- Assign shipper and mark the shipment as shipped. The shipper can also be skipped and the shipment can directly be marked as shipped.
- Once the shipment is received at the destination facility, you can start the process of receiving the items at the destination facility.
- Navigate to Main Menu >> Inventory >> Transfer Orders >> Select Transfer Order >> Fulfillment >> Start receving.
- Select the quantity being received, mark any damaged or lost if a few items were damaged or lost in transit.
- If all the quantity is received, you can receive and close TO. If receiving in parts, you can select receive the inventory and further receipts can be made on the TO.
- A receipt will be created for the received items and it can be printed. A receipt can be sent via email, using the actions in Transfer receipts.
- A Transfer order can have multiple receipts against it.