Once you receive an order, you can start with processing the order. The Overview is illustrated as below:
We will now describe the process in greater detail below.
1. Order Creation
Order is created manually in Primaseller or it is fetched from an integrated Online Channel
2. Assigning to a Facility
- Facility Assignment can be done automatically using assignment rules on the channel or you can do it manually..
- When an order is assigned to a facility, a fulfillment is created for that order in that facility.
- Once this is done, the inventory allocation will be attempted for each item in the order.
- Fulfillments will then either remain unallocated, or move to partially allocated or allocated.
- Fulfillments have three actions – split fulfillment, move fulfillment and skip allocation.
- Split fulfillment will split the items in the fulfillment into two. Split fulfillment allows you to fulfill one order from multiple fulfillments – in the same or multiple facilities.
- Move fulfillment will allow you to move the current fulfillment to another facility.
- Skip allocation will skip the process of allocating inventory from a facility to the fulfillment.
- Once inventory is allocated, you can start picking the items in a fulfillment
- To pick items, you can either mark the fulfillment as picked or create a picklist
- You can add to an existing picklist or create a new picklist.
- Once the picklist is created and items are picked, the status on the fulfillment moves to Picked
- After items are picked you can pack them into boxes.
- Click on Pack on a picked fulfillment to pack it. The status if the fulfillment moves to Packed.
- Enter the dimensions of the packed box and click on ‘Mark as packed’, the fulfillment will be packed into a Shipment
- You can split a shipment into multiple packed items by using the split shipment option.
4. Assigning a Shipper
- Shipments are the objects that are finally shipped to the Shipper
- You can assign a shipper or skip this process to mark it as shipped
- To Assign a Shipper
- Select the option “Assign Shipper”
- Select the type of shipper, select the shipper and click on get rates.
- Select the type of service and apply.
- Buy the label and the shipper will be assigned.
- You can print a Shipment Label whose layout depends on the Shipper you are using
- Once a Shipper is assigned, it moves to the Ready to Ship stage
5. Shipping a Shipment
- You have three shipment actions when it is in the Ready to Ship stage – add to manifest, discard label and void.
- Next you need to Ship the shipment after which it’s status shows as Shipped.
- Later the shipment can be marked as delivered
- Invoices can be set to be automatically created along with a Shipment(configured on channel) or be manually created.
- To manually create an Invoice
- Navigate to Sale Orders >> Select order >> Invoice >> Create invoice.
- Select the shipment for which you would like to create an invoice and select create invoice or Print Invoice – both will create an invoice.
- Invoice has 3 actions – Print invoice, email invoice and void invoice.
- You can either collect an advance against an order or add a payment to the invoice.