Registers are individual check out lanes in your store used to register a sale and process the transactions associated with it. Your store can have multiple registers which will be manned by sales representatives. Registers allow the sales reps to scan items and add them to the cart, process the sale order, print invoices, accept payments and close the order.
Navigate to Main Menu >> POS >> Launch Register app.
The register app will open in a new tab.
In the register app, you will have the following menu items;
- Sale: This is used to make sales on this register. To make a sale the register needs to be opened.
- Opening a Register: A register needs to be opened to start making sales at the register. A sales rep will launch the register app, open the register, make any cash adjustments and is good to go to start accepting sale orders. The expected cash value will be displayed upon opening the register, a cash adjustment can be made if the value does not tally. Opening a register starts a new transaction on the register.
- Closing of a Register: After a day’s sales are done the register can be closed. All the events of the day will be captured in a transaction. Cash Adjustments can be made at the close of the register. If the register is not closed, the transaction will be open and the subsequent events will be captured in the same transaction.
- Orders: This menu item shows has the following tabs;
- Orders & Returns >> Sale Orders: Shows all the sale orders placed on this register. It contains order date, invoice amount, payment method, customer details and sale rep who created the order.
- Orders & Returns >> Return: This tab shows the returns accepted at this register.
- Delivery & Pick-ups >> Delivery: This tab contains all the delivery orders placed at this register. You can open and process the delivery orders from this tab.
- Delivery & Pick-ups >> Pick-up: This tab shows all the pick-up orders placed on this register.
- Register: The menu item contains a record of all the transactions done on the register. You can open a transaction by clicking on the transaction ID. The transaction will open up a new tab that contains all the individual events done in a specific transaction. It contains a record of manual adjustments, Order payments and return refunds.
- Settings: Lets you configure the settings of the register.