A purchase order is an official document issued to a supplier to indicate the products and quantities required by you.
To view purchase orders please navigate to Main Menu >> Purchasing >> Purchase Orders.
Creating a Purchase Order
- To create a purchase order, navigate to Purchase orders and click on New Purchase Order.
- Select the supplier and the facility you want the items to be delivered to.
- Select the estimated completion date.
- Add SKUs and their quantities.
- You can either save the PO or send the PO.
- If the supplier needs approval, you can save the PO or send the PO for approval.
- The purchase order will be created.
States of Purchase Orders
- Open PO: A PO is created, but it has not been sent to the supplier yet. You can add or remove items from an open PO.
- Pending Approval: A PO is generated and saved, but it has not been approved yet.
- Sent: A PO has been generated and is sent to the supplier.
- Void: A PO has been voided, you cannot send it or edit it after voiding.
- Receipt in progress: You have sent a PO to your supplier and you are now receiving the items.
- Closed: A PO has been sent, the items have been received and there are no further actions on this PO you mark it as closed.
Whenever you receive items from a purchase order, a purchase receipt will be generated for these items. You can either receive all the items of a purchase order or you can receive a few items. A PO can have multiple purchase receipts.
Main Menu >> Purchasing >> Purchase Receipts.
Receiving items from a Purchase order
- Open the Purchase Order.
- Click receive items.
- Give the invoice number and invoice date.
- Add the SKUs that you are receiving and their quantities.
- Add the cost price and batch if applicable.
- Save the receipt. A receipt will be created.