A Price list is a collection of SKUs and their prices which can be associated with Channels and Customer Groups. Before creating a Price list you need to have SKUs configured in your Master catalog. Price lists belongs to a Business Unit.
The Master Catalog has default prices from which a price list can be created. However, these prices on the master catalog are simply for reference and are not used on any sale channel.
Each channel needs to be associated with a price list. You can choose to have one Price list across channels or you can also have specific Price lists for some channels.
Customer groups can be associated with a price list in which case the default price list for the channel will be overridden and the customer price list will be applied.
Creating a Price Lists
- Main Menu >> Catalog >> Price Lists >> New Price List
- Enter the price list name and currency.
- Set the price rule.
- On Price: The Price value will be used for the channels associated with this Price List
- On Sale: The Sale Price or a discount on Price will be used depending on the discount rule
- Add Items: Items can be added manually, imported from the Master Catalog or Imported from another Price list. You can also bulk import SKUs and their prices using a CSV Upload
- Each Item has a Price and a Sale Price. Price is mandatory.
Running a Sale using Price Lists
You can configure a price list to run a sale. To do so, you need to edit the Price List:
- Select the sale start date and end date.
- If no discount percentage is given the Sale Price will be applicable for the duration of the sale.
- If a discount percentage is provided, then, for the duration of sale, the discount will be applied on Price values and the Sale Price will be ignored
- Once the sale period is over, then the price list will run on price and the sale price / discount will be ignored. The sale will be considered to be expired in that case.
Cloning a Price List
A Price list can also be cloned. The SKU’s will be copied to the cloned price list, along with their prices from the existing price list. Changes such as discounts or price editing can be done on the cloned price list as per your preferences.
Main Menu>> Catalog >> Price List >> More >> Clone