Taxes are applied on orders and subsequently invoices based on certain configurations on each channel as well as Tax Classes and Rules setup on the Settings Section.
For POS Channels, from the Tax Source section, you can configure whether the taxes applied, while creating the order, will be picked from
- Either the tax rules that will apply basis source and destination of the order. For Standard POS orders, the source and destination are the Facility Address Itself (Country and State are considered here)
- OR You can preconfigure fixed Tax Classes for Products and Services. This will be particularly useful if taxes do not change much in your store OR if you want to account for County specific taxes which Tax Rules cannot handle.
B2B and Custom Channels
In B2B and Custom Channels, taxes on orders can be set to an approximation basis tax rules that are applied to the default assignment facility on the channel.
Example: If the default assignment facility was in California and Your customer selected is in New Jersey, then the tax Rule that works for California -> New Jersey source-destination pair will be loaded in the order creation screen.
You can choose to modify these from the order create screen.
In Online channels, you can configure what is the source of taxes for items from the channel configuration.
- Either use taxes that come in the transactions for online orders
- OR use tax rules setup in Primaseller
If you choose to use Taxes from the online channel, we will attempt to
- Search for the same Tax class on a best effort basis looking into the tax code of existing classes. The format used will be TaxNAME@rate. Example: VAT@18 or GST@7. However if the Tax name is missing, we will use “Tax”
- If not found, a Tax Class is created
- This Tax class will be set on the order item as well as the subsequent Invoice item created from it.