Inventory source for online channels is configured in two places:
- Channel – which will be the default for all items in the channel catalog. But it can be overridden by
- Each SKU in the channel catalog which can decide what quantity will be pushed to the online channel.
Configuring your Inventory Source on Channels and Channel Catalog
- Inventory Source: Choose the facility(ies) from which you want to push inventory on to your Online channel. If you select multiple facilities, the sum total will be picked.
- Please select the default policy to be used to push inventory to this channel
- If you want to push the actual inventory at one or more facilities that you have chosen for Online sales, click on ‘Actual Inventory’.
- If you only want to push a certain number of items from that facility, click on ‘Fixed Inventory’. You will be asked to provide the exact inventory count you want pushed to Amazon.
- Inventory Range‘ is a variation of fixed inventory where you can set a Ceiling and Floor value and actual inventory, when in that range will be updated to the channel. Else either the Ceiling (if inventory > ceiling) or the Floor (if Inventory < Floor) will be pushed.
- Inventory held in facility: 3 , Ceiling : 10 , Floor : 5 -> Qty sent to Channel: 5
- Inventory held in facility: 12 , Ceiling : 10 , Floor : 5 -> Qty sent to Channel: 10
- Inventory held in facility: 7 , Ceiling : 10 , Floor : 5 -> Qty sent to Channel: 7
- You can also push the available quantity+ Expected Inbound purchase order quantity + Expected Inbound transfer order quantity.
- Inventory available in the facility: 10
- Purchase order quantity: + 3
- Inbound transfer order quantity : + 5
Then the quantity that will show in your channel = 18.