Facilities are the physical locations that hold the inventory. Facilities are used as an inventory source for channels. A facility can be standard (without bin locations) or of the type warehouse (with internal bin locations).
Additionally, you have two types of facilities in Primaseller
Internal Facilities: These are the facilities owned by you, your warehouses or brick and mortar stores.
External Facilities: These are the facilities not owned by you but, places where you hold your stock at, 3PL or FBA warehouses.
Main Menu >> Settings >> Faclities (Locations).
This page displays all your facilities.
Creating a Facility
You can create two types of facilities in Primaseller, a binned facility or a non-binned facility.
- Main Menu >> Settings >> Facilities (Locations) >> Add New Facility
- Fill out the facility details and click on Save. Please make sure you name your facility in a way that is easily identifiable throughout the application
- You will see the following additional configurations:
- Timezone: You can select the timezone of the facility (Location).
- Tax Number: You can enter the tax number of this facility.
- Track bin locations: If enabled the facility will be a binned facility.
- Enforce Picklist: If enabled, a picklist must be created for fulfillments to be marked as picked
- Billing Address: Enter the billing address.
- Shipping Address: Enter the shipping address. It can be the same as the billing address.
- Contact details: You can enter the details of the person in charge of the facility.
- A facility will be then be created in your Business Unit.
A Facility of type Warehouse needs to have a layout setup before you can add inventory.
- Layout for a Warehouse (Facility with bin locations):
- You can enter the layout of your warehouse/facility. The number of Floors, Aisles, Racks, Bins, and Totes can be added to Primaseller and each of them can be coded accordingly.
- Add New Floor: Lets you add a new floor in the facility. Floor code must be entered.
- Add New Aisle: Aisles belong to a floor and signify the rows in your floor. Aisles are made out of multiple racks.
- Add New Rack: Racks are columns containing Bins.
- Add New Bin: A new bin can be added to a rack. To create a new bin, the corresponding Floor, Aisle and Rack code must be given along with the new bin code. Bins are the units that hold SKUs.
- Print Bin Labels: Lets you print all the bin labels.
- Add New Tote: Configure totes if you want to use picklists. A tote is a container that, along with multiple containers kept on a trolley, holds items in a picklist that have been picked.
Configure totes if you want to use picklists. A tote is a container that, along with multiple containers kept on a trolley, holds items in a picklist that have been picked.