Channels are the source of your orders. A customer places an order on one of your channels or you place an order on behalf of your customer on channels. These orders can later be fulfilled and processed and delivered. In Primaseller you have online channels and offline channels. Online orders will be fetched to Primaseller and will reflect in your online channels in Primaseller. Offline orders can be created in Primaseller using a POS store, B2B or a custom channel.
Adding a channel in Primaseller
- Go to Main Menu >> Channels >> Add new channel
- Select the channel type.
- Set the channel configurations.
- Save the channel and a channel will be created.
Types of Channels
POS Store: POS is your brick and mortar store where customers walk in and place orders.
B2B: This channel is used for Business to Business transactions where the total quantity of items in the order is greater than 50.
Custom: Manual sale orders can be created on this channel. It can be used for orders taken via phone or email.
Marketplace: A channel can be created for your marketplace orders from Amazon or eBay.
Webstores: A channel can be created for your webstores like Shopify, Magento or Woocommerce.
Channel configuration is where you configure channel settings. Inventory source, payment methods on the channel, etc can be set here.
To set channel configuration, please navigate to Main Menu >> Channels >> Select Channel. Here you will see the following configurations:
- Standard Channel Configuration
- Channel Name: You can edit the name of the channel.
- Inventory Source and Reporting: You can select the facilities which source the inventory to this channel. You can choose one or multiple facilities.
- Price List: You can map a pricelist to this channel. The price will be picked up from this pricelist for any sale made on this channel.
- Channel Status: Indicates whether the channel is active or inactive.
- Order Assignment Logic
- Assign Fulfillments Automatically: If enabled this assigns fulfillments automatically to a facility and inventory will be allocated. If disabled, the facility should be manually assigned to the fulfillments for orders on this channel.
- Advance Channel Configuration
- Advanced Pricing
- Enable Customer Group Pricing Override: If enabled, then the customer group pricing will be picked over the pricelist mapped to this channel.
- Use Customer Group Discounts: If enabled, the customer group discounts will be applied to the order.
- Prices On the channel: Lets you set the prices to be inclusive or exclusive of tax.
- Sync Transaction with Accounting Software: If enabled the transactions will be synced to QBO.
- Default Order Tags: You can add tags here which will be added to orders of this channel by default.
- Allow Partial Fulfillments and Shipments: If enabled, you can split fulfillments and shipments on this channel.
- Advanced Pricing
- Payment Mapping
- Standard Payment Methods: Indicates the standard payment methods available to this channel.
- Secondary Payment Methods: Indicates payment methods available on this channel.
- Add Payment Methods: New payment methods can be added to this channel here.
- Auto Create Invoices With Shipments: If this is enabled, then invoices will be automatically generated upon the creation of shipments for orders on this channel.