Channel Catalog is a representation of your catalog on an online channel along with it’s relationship with an SKU in Primaseller and the rules of syncing inventory and price.
Catalog -> Channel Catalog
Key Attributes of Channel Catalog
Each row is a Channel SKU record which has the following attributes:
- SKU Code – Your unique code to identify the SKU in Primaseller
- Channel Listing ID – This is a code that is auto-generated by the channel itself and this is how the channel identifies your product
- SKU on Channel – The Code you have used to list your product on a particular channel – it may be different from your SKU Code internally if your coding methodology evolved since you listed it. However, ideally it should be the same as your SKU Code.
- Price and Sale Price: These values are picked from the Price list associated with the channel However, they can be edited here.
- Inventory Source: This decides what quantity is pushed to the online channel. Learn more about it here.
- Sync Status: This will tell you the latest sync status for each
- Inventory Sync Status
- Price Sync Status
This will also tell you when it was last synced. In case of a sync failure, you will be able to see the reason of the sync failure as well.
- Sync Configuration Override: This will allow you to specifically disable Inventory or Price Sync for a particular SKU even if it is enabled on the Channel. Changing the value on the channel will not change this.
Mapping of SKUs in Primaseller and the Channel
Let’s understand the need for the three codes a) SKU Code b) SKU on Channel and c) Channel Listing ID, in the following examples:
Example 1: Say you are selling a Pen and you use a code “ABC101” for it in your warehouse (local system). When you list it on Amazon Canada you use “ABC101_MFN” as your SKU code and Amazon generates “B09BDFE85” as ASIN for that product.
In this case
- ABC101 will be your SKU code which is reference point of your inventory
- ABC101_MFN is the SKU on Channel as listed by you on Amazon and
- B09BDFE85 will be the Channel listing ID for this product for Amazon Channel in Primaseller.
Example 2: Now, assume that you are selling the same product on eBay as well. On eBay, when you upload the product, you give the SKU code as “ABC101_EBay” and eBay generates an Item Id “1212432546454” for it.
This will make
- ABC101 will remain as the SKU code which is reference point of your inventory
- ABC101_Ebay as the SKU on Channel and
- 1212432546454 as the Channel listing ID generated by eBay for your product
Now, consider that you are also selling on Amazon.com and via your own shopping cart which is built on Magento. The Primaseller SKU code remains the same in all the cases. It will be “ABC101”. You may / may not use same channel listing ID on each marketplace.
|SKU Code||SKU On Channel||Channel listing ID|
Pricing for Online Channels
The Price and Selling price on the channel catalog are picked from the Price List associated with a particular channel. Editing the price here will impact all channels that use that price list.
Bundle SKUs on online channels
In Primaseller while fetching the SKU’s from the online channel’s Bundle’s SKU’s will be fetched like a regular SKU and that SKU’s can be converted to a bundle.
Or you can create the bundle SKUs in primaseller with the same SKU code as channel, before the catalog is fetched.
For more details about creating a bundle SKU click here.