Inventory batch represents a set of inventory items that are received on a specific date at a specific cost. Inventory batches allow for traceability for specific group of inventory received from a supplier at a particular cost. These are particularly used when your catalog has items that have expiry or a very frequently changing purchase(cost) price.
A batch record is created for every inbound transaction or inventory adjust increment. For outbound transactions, items move out of batches and the quantity in the batches decreases. The available quantity is tracked as items are added to and removed from inventory. After the available quantity reaches zero for a specific batch, the batch is retired.
Enabling Batches in Primaseller
- Navigate to Main Menu >> Settings >> Advanced Configuration >> Inventory. This enables the functionality in Primaseller.
- Additionally for specific SKUs, you will need to enable batches while creating the product as well where the ‘Has Batches’ field is set to enabled.
Stock by Batches
- To check the stock according to batches navigate to Main Menu >> Inventory >> Stock by batches.
- Select the facility and the batch.
- The batch stock will be shown with the quantity and the expiry date of the batch.
Adding inventory to a batched product.
- Navigate to Main Menu >> Inventory >> Stock Levels
- Select the batch enabled product for which you would like to add inventory.
- Click on the edit icon beside the inventory counter of the item.
- Select add inventory and Select batch. If adding a new batch, you can create and add a new batch and add the quantity of inventory being added to this batch.
- Select the expiry date and save.
- The inventory will be added with the batch and expiry.
Managing Batches in Sale Orders
Batches play a role in Picking – where you will have to manually enter Batch numbers in addition to the Bin Number for a given batched SKU. Apart from that, the rest if Order Processing remains the same for batched as well as non-batched SKUs.